There’s a New Hotline Filled With Strange, Sleep-Inducing Sounds
Casper mattress company will help you drift to dreamland with wind chimes, time travel, and Steve UrkelMarch 24, 2017
The good people at Casper mattresses have developed a solution for you that in no way involves mattresses.
The company launched its “Can’t Sleep” campaign this week along with a strange hotline offering a variety of sounds to help those having trouble drifting off to dreamland. The sounds featured range from the traditional (ocean, wind chimes) to the outright bizarre (the history of the cocktail wiener, Steve Urkel actor Jaleel White singing a lullaby).
Ads (above) for the service are popping up on TNT, TBS, and AMC after 2 a.m. prompting adventurous insomniacs to give it a try. As Casper VP of communications and brand management Lindsay Kaplan told Ad Week, the goal of the ad is to “couple the escapism of sleep with the bizarre nature of dreams, and the eerie solitude of late-night insomnia.”
Check out the complete list of available sounds on the hotline (below) and try the free service out yourself by calling (888) 890-2040.
- Press 1 to hear the sounds of the ocean.
- Press 2 to hear wind chimes blowing in the wind.
- Press 3 to travel back in time to the 1990s.
- Press 4 to undergo hypnosis.
- Press 5 for a motivational speech.
- Press 6 for a grandma who misses you.
- Press 7 to learn the history of the cocktail wiener.
- Press 8 to hear Jaleel White who played Steve Urkel on Family Matters sing you a lullaby.
- Press 9 to merge into the conference call with the marketing team who came up with this idea.
If only this had been available in 2010, Gary Dell’Abate might have been better rested before coming into work and falling asleep at his desk.