Howard welcomed a listener named Jason to the studio to play "Win Fred's Money," and eyed Jason's girlfriend, Marianne, who openly doubted her boyfriend's ability to beat Fred. Howard then asked Marianne to step behind a curtain and remove her clothes, explaining that if Jason failed, the curtain would be raised. Fred stepped into the isolation booth while Jason was quizzed:
1. What US President was shot on his way to California Governor Jerry Brown's office? Reagan. Ford.
2. What Russian-born author wrote "Atlas Shrugged"? Pass. Ayn Rand.
3. Which character occupies the center square during the "Brady Bunch" intro? Alice
4. In ceramics, what kind of oven used to fire clay? Pass. Kiln.
5. Name 48th state admitted to the union? Pass. Arizona.
6. Who wrote the 1847 novel "Jane Eyre"? Pass. Charlotte Bronte. Jane Austen.
7. What is the closest star to Earth? North. Sun.
Jason ended up only getting one answer right in the full minute allowed. Fred came out and nailed 6 in 36 seconds - his only wrong answer credited "Jane Eyre" to Jane Austen. Howard then raised the curtain revealing a naked Marianne - to a chorus of "whoa's" from the crew.
Howard was particularly impressed ("You should be working in a strip club."), telling Jason to make a commitment: "I would be in love with her."