Chris “Mad Dog” Russo stopped by this morning to promote his channel Mad Dog Radio Ch. 86.
Here are some highlights from Mad Dog’s hopped-up, loud, fast-talking interview:
* He’s not the program director of his channel anymore. He found being on air and being PD was too much at once.
* His show was cut from five to three hours, because there was concern that people would get burnt out on Mad Dog. Admittedly, that came with a pay cut, but he claims it’s been supplemented by his new MLB TV Show.
* Chris’s dad recently passed away, due to lung cancer. He never smoked and it came on suddenly. He had some back pain, they found a tumor and he was gone in thirteen days. Watching his mother say goodbye to him after fifty-seven years together was heartbreaking for the Mad Dog.
* Chris’s former partner (and sometime rival) Mike Francesa recently fell asleep on the air. According to Chris, he should just admit it and have fun with it, but he won’t.
* Chris liked interviewing A Rod because he’s an “open book” and a“total train wreck,” as opposed to Derek Jeter, who is a nice guy but “doesn’t give you anything.”
* Howard asked Chris’ opinion on talk show host Dino Costa, who recently left Mad Dog Radio. Chris called him a “train wreck” who would show up late for work, hates President Obama and “thinks 9/11 didn’t happen.”
* Chris claimed he can bench 155 lbs and do 100 good push-ups. Howard put him to the test and he popped his shirt off and got down on the ground, hammering out twenty-five correct push-ups and thrilling Robin with his physique.
He’s got to do something with all that energy.