There was a lot of Lisa G talk on today's show. And it was spectacular.
It all started with a game Shuli made called "Lisa G-Isms" but more on that in a second. Because that game led to an on-air confrontation between Lisa G and her newsroom nemeis Jon Leiberman.
A DAY WITH LISA G
Howard was curious why Jon was so, uh, frustrated with Lisa G. So Jon took us through their day:
- They both get in at 5:15 AM and Lisa immediately begins flipping through the New York Post and commenting on everything she sees in the paper.
- Then at 5:59 AM, Lisa tries to guess - out loud - what Howard will open the show with. If she guesses correctly, she'll bark and shriek that she knew it! She wins!
- Then throughout the entire show she terrorizes Jon Leiberman with comments and questions about everything Howard says. He slaps his headphones on and pounds the keys on his keyboard, praying that she'll notice he's working and leave him alone. But Lisa persists unfazed.
For her part, Lisa laughed and pretty much agreed with everything Jon was saying. When asked if she realized she was bothering her coworkers she replied that she really didn't care.
THE LISA G GAME
Howard 100 News reporter Shuli Egar secretly tape-recorded Lisa and her rapid-fire comments and questions each morning in the news room.
Here are some of her choice quotes:
- "I bought Robin a T-shirt that says "F*ck Cancer" as a surprise, and I thought I'd get it by today"
- "Do you think a 64 year old woman should date a 41 year old man?"
- "Richard Christy is so organized!"
Shuli even had a game prepared. Out of a group of three quotes, which is the authentic Lisa G-ism? Keep in mind that there is a likely possibility that all three came from Lisa G. (scroll down for answer key)
a) How come we don't have flying cars yet?
b) Who thought of the Frisbee?
c) There's a meatball shop opening up in my neighborhood. I should be excited, right?
a) Dogs have all the fun.
b) I should be on the View and everything else.
c) What's the spork all about?
a) I wish I could make a good paper airplane.
b) Wow! I want a stem cell face lift
c) There's something about the 7 train. I just can't put my finger on it.
a) Do you know what happened over vacation? I started to like hot chocolate again.
b) I like mayonnaise sandwiches.
c) I'm officially bowing out of X-Factor. The Voice is more for me.
1) C 2) A 3) B 4) ALL 3!