Howard's friend and Stern Show regular John Stamos stopped by today to make eyes at Robin and talk to his old buddy about life, chicks and his new show Losing It with John Stamos.
To Howard, being John Stamos must be a life of just highlights. Here are some highlights from today's interview.
JOHN STAMOS INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS
- Howard was upset that John didn't invite him to his 50th Birthday Party. John said he'd love to have had Howard there, but it was in LA on a Monday night and if he'd invited Howard, Howard would've said he was just fishing for a gift. Howard said that wasn't true. Howard played audio of Don Rickles roasting John, which was great, but Howard wished he were there. Fortunately for Howard, he'll probably be getting invitations to everything John Stamos does from here on out.
- Speaking of John's LA friends, Robin went out to dinner with John and Jimmy Kimmel and Bob Saget when she was out there for her triumphant book tour. Naturally, she took them to a healthy restaurant.
John revealed that Bob Saget had such terrible diarrhea after eating Robin's favorite foods that he wouldn't leave John's bathroom.
- When he isn't acting, John is the drummer for his childhood heroes, the Beach Boys. He produced a movie about the Beach Boys back in 2000 called "An American Family," which he was criticized for because it was seen as unkind to Beach Boys genius Brian Wilson, whom John calls "the Mozart of our time."
In regards to the movie, John said everyone was very helpful, but he got slammed by the lawyers. John reiterated that he loves Brian Wilson, but he also loves all the other Beach Boys and pointed out that Mike Love was responsible for the lyrics to some of those great classics, so he deserves credit too.
- Led Zeppelin god Jimmy Page once played guitar with the Beach Boys for a big concert and John found himself in Jimmy's hotel room showing him how to play Beach Boys tunes on guitar. He claimed Jimmy had trunks filled with whips and toys and a girlfriend who would show up with new bruises on her. Read into that what you will.
- The Beach Boys and Jimmy Page aren't the only legends John has drummed for. Creedence Clearwater Revival's John Fogerty's daughter had been in a car accident and was recovering. John invited her to the Full House Christmas party to cheer her up and John got up onstage with the band and performed the Creedence songs he hadn't done in years. Then, who did John spot in the crowd? Bruce Springsteen, who popped up onstage with the two Johns and they jammed into the night.
- Howard asked John about his ex-wife Rebecca Romijn-Stamos not dropping the Stamos from her name, even though she's re-marries. John has nothing but nice things to say about Rebecca and Jerry O'Connell and he's glad they're happy.
- As for John, he claims he's only slept with two women in the past year, which Howard found hard to believe. John admitted that he and Renee Zelwegger are friends, and briefly talked about being together, but it never happened, for which John blames himself.
Howard suggested to Sandra Bullock that she go out with John, to which she said "no way." John blamed that on his image as a lothario. Howard asked if he'd hook up with Jennifer Lawrence, who admitted to having a crush on him? John said no, blaming it on her being twenty-two years old.
- John masturbates about once per day, but he wouldn't elaborate on his porn of choice.
- John has started up a new show where he interviews celebrity friends about losing their virginity called "Losing It with John Stamos". Speaking of virginity, John lost his late into his 17th year, after what he claims was an awkward phase in high school. A girl dropped hey keys down into his lap and "fished them out" and they made love.