Late night host and Stern Show regular Jimmy Kimmel and his fiancé Molly McNearney made it up to studio 69 for the first hour of the show. But making it in time was actually a bit of a hassle since, somehow, Jimmy's name wasn't put in the security system. (And those guys down there don't make exceptions.)
Jimmy had to wait patiently while Ronnie sorted it out. Then, when they finally were able to print his visitor pass, it read Kinny James. It sure is a good thing that Kinny has a sense of humor about this kind of thing.
MCNEARNEY BY DAY, KIMMEL BY NIGHT
By Howard's own admission, he doesn't have many friends, but he without question counts both Jimmy and his head writer/fiance Molly McNearney as such. Howard holds them is such esteem that he even lit some candles in his bathroom when they had the couple over this weekend, per Beth's suggestion. (Howard doesn't really do the candle thing, in general.)
While Howard and Beth have been close to Molly for awhile, she's never actually been on the show until this morning, by reluctantly answering the pleas of Howard and Jimmy. She and Howard then talked about life with Jimmy, their upcoming wedding, and more.
What we learned about Molly (and Jimmy):
- Jimmy claims he will only date women he could have gotten in high school. Howard doubts Jimmy could have gotten Molly in high school.
- Beth Stern bought Molly blue underwear for their wedding, thereby covering the 'something blue' portion of the tradition.
- Molly is thinking of leaving the Kimmel Show after they're married. She said she's definitely keeping her name in the work environment, but will be Molly Kimmel in her personal life.
- Jimmy farts in bed, mostly in the morning
- Molly's favorite staffer is the man of unintelligible words himself: Media Producer JD Harmeyer. Molly finally met JD in his TiVo-cluttered office and, since he's not one for conversation, Molly focused on the decor: a large poster showcasing Stacey Keebler's ass, and a photo of porn star Jenna Jameson riding the Sybian. JD is all class.