Current PGA Champion, and mild-mannered everyman, Jason Dufner stopped by today to speak to the current Kimmel Wedding Champion about the life of a professional golfer and his swing.
highlights from jason's interview
- Jason doesn't mind the "Baba Booeys" shouted during tournaments, because people are respectful and yell it after a swing. So who cares? (We're looking at you, Ian Poulter). Jason thinks that Tiger Woods would probably be in the middle somewhere in the "To Booey or Not To Booey" debate.
- Jason's made about $15 million playing golf so far, which is a little more than Scott DePace made from the Video Caddy.
- Jason travels about thirty weeks per year, which he admits is rough.
- He has a house that's being built in Alabama on fifty acres of property. He has no desire to include a golf course.
- Howard asked who among the pro golfers is the biggest douchebag. Despite have the reputation of being a very nice guy, Phil Mickelson was Gary's guess as the asshole on the course. Jason said that Mickelson is always nice. Jason named Rory Sabbatini as the golfer who rubs people the wrong way.
- Scott DePace asked Jason to play a round of golf, but Howard shut it down, saying Jason doesn't have time.
- Fellow golfer, and longtime Stern fan Keegan Bradley was pissed that his friend made it onto the Stern show before he did. He even tweeted a photo of his radio display screen with the words "Howard Stern Show: Golfer Jason Dufner" and the caption "BRUTAL!"
Bradley later tweeted: "Pains me to say that duff did a good job on stern. I was hoping he'd be horrible and rushed outta there."
- Jason is known as "emotionless" on the course, which he thinks helps him in his game and with endorsements because he's a blank canvas that everyone can relate to.
- Jason admitted that Howard's golf swing was great for a first timer.