R&B star John Legend stopped by the show this morning, sat down at the baby grand piano and took us through his newest single, "All of Me" from his upcoming album "Love in Future" and a great cover of Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in the Dark."
HIGHLIGHTS FROM JOHN'S INTERVIEW
- John started playing piano at age four and his grandma would take him to church and teach him gospel songs.
- He sang in a cappella groups while attending University of Pennsylvania, which he admits is not a great way to get laid.
- He was college roommates with Kanye West's cousin. The two musicians ended up collaborating a few years later and still work together today - Kanye produced John's new album.
- John made his recording debut on Lauryn Hill's album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill," playing on the hit single "Everything is Everything." He hasn't talked much since to the singer, who's currently serving a sentence for tax evasion, but they did collaborate on another song in 2004.
- He worked out his cover of Dancing with the Dark for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon's Bruce Springsteen week. Springsteen liked it and called him, requesting he play it at a charity event the Boss was putting together.
- John is engaged to model Chrissy Teigen, who is very hot and, according to John, very funny on twitter. She speaks her mind, which caused her to get in a feud with Chris Brown supporters (yes, apparently they exist). John claimed that recent news stories about her giving him a marriage ultimatum are false.
Just before wrapping up, Howard begged John to reconsider his upcoming marriage and marry instead the beautiful Robin Quivers.
The name Robin Ophelia Legend does have a nice ring to it.