"I Love P*ssy!" - CeeLo Green
Modern rock/pop/gospel icon CeeLo Green stopped by today to promote his autobiography "Everybody's Brother."
Right off the bat, Howard told CeeLo that he always thought he was gay. So what's up with his love life?
CeeLo admitted that a lot of people assumed he was gay because he'd dress up in outrageous outfits. But the truth is, as CeeLo declared: "I love p*ssy!"
CeeLo was married to a woman and, though they divorced just before CeeLo hit it big, they remain friends and he still helps his ex-wife out financially.
While CeeLo hasn't had sex with any contestants on the Voice, he did make love to one audience member, after seeing her wink at him.
Howard asked CeeLo if he'd ever had an Asian woman. "I have, but not for free." CeeLo visited a massage parlor in Japan and the girl gave him a happy ending. "She was as gorgeous as the ad."
CeeLo wishes he was around during the heyday of hair metal and the Sunset Strip. Hooking up with chicks today just isn't the same. "Now it's Instagram and Twitter and a girl getting a kick out of taking a picture of you while you're sleeping and your d*ck is shriveled up."
CeeLo has a "significant other" now – a woman who recognized him on the street and shouted out "I love you!" They do bring other women into the bedroom, and "enjoy them together."
It's easy being Green...
CHILDHOOD, GNARLES BARKLEY AND THE GOODIE MOB
Here are the highlights of CeeLo and Goodie Mob's interview:
- CeeLo's mom because a quadriplegic when he was 16 and he took care of her after that.
- It was NBC's idea to change out the coaches on the Voice periodically, according to CeeLo, so he's being replaced by Usher this year. He says the ratings started to dip a little and they just wanted to freshen things up.
- The anger he felt over his mother led him to a life of crime. He'd rob people on the street, shoplift and even abuse animals – he once saw a bird with injured wings and "wasn't kind" to it.
- CeeLo's mom died when he was 17, the same year the first Goodie Mob album came out. His mom got to hear her son's music on her deathbed.
- CeeLo learned to fight early and would fight in school, even once taking on the principal, which got him thrown out.
- After working with Goodie Mob on three albums, CeeLo felt that rap was "too limited" and branched out with his buddy Danger Mouse to form Gnarls Barkley. Their hit song Crazy would go on to be nemd Rolling Stones "Song of the Decade," though it lost Record of the Year to the Dixie Chicks at the Grammy Awards.
Crazy was an enormous hit, but the music business isn't what it once was and Cee Lo claims that he isn't rich. "After taxes, I'm just fortunate."
Howard met Bruno Mars when he was just a staff writer and they collaborated on CeeLo's mega hit "F*ck You". Bruno wrote and produced the music while Cee Lo wrote the lyrics. It was Bruno's idea to call the song "F*ck You."
The other boys from Goodie Mob stopped in to say hello and Howard asked the tough questions like if the guys in the band ever share women? They have a couple of times, and they let CeeLo go first. (Smart move).
Just before he left, CeeLo apologized to Howard for a remark he made that upset him. Someone had asked CeeLo what his Voice co-star Adam Levine's cologne would smell like and he said "it would smell Jewish." CeeLo wanted to be sure and let Howard know that the joke was not meant to be anti-semetic.
Howard said it was all good and racial harmony won the day.