A local news station tried spicing up its morning broadcast on Wednesday morning with a food-related stunt, but the results were disastrous after anchors bit off far more than they could chew.
It all started when KWGN Denver’s “Daybreak” crew attempted an on-air version of the Paqui One Chip Challenge, a contest in which daring participants ingest a single corn chip infused with the world’s hottest pepper. The anchors are in great spirits as they prepare to eat their snack and each bites into the chip with reckless abandon, but as soon as the chip hits their tongues the scene devolves into laughter, hiccuping, and vomit-filled chaos..
While many news bloopers are captured and uploaded by incredulous viewers, KWGN shared footage of the challenge directly to Facebook (along with a caption calling out anchor Natalie Tysdal for failing to keep the fiery food down).
Natalie—for her part—posted a follow-up to her personal page later in the day, revealing the chip had left her feeling like she had been “beat up in a dark alley.” Get her full account here and watch the clip from "Daybreak" (above).